Finger Lakes - Lakeside Plus Vineyard View Biking Trail
Length: 10 - 20 miles round trip depending
on where you turn around
Features: A flat easy 1.5 mile ride along
the lake followed by a 1.5 mile climb to Upper Lake Rd. where
you ride by vineyards, Amish and Mennonite farms, a wildlife
refuge and a bar/restaurant all accompanied by grand views
of Seneca Lake. The roads are low traffic country roads in
fair condition and are well suited for bike travel. Shoulders
are narrow so be alert.
Sights: Lakeshore, ducks, Lodi Point State
Park, Willard Wildlife Management area, Buena Vista Golf Course.
Stops: Lodi Point State Park (restrooms
and picnic tables available)
Willard Wildlife Management Area
Buena Vista State Golf Course and Clubhouse
- Turn left out of Lodi Point State Park.
- Keep right onto Lodi Point Rd.
and heads up hill for a semi-gradual 1.5 mile climb.
- At the stop sign turn left onto Upper Lake Road (heading
- At approximately 4 miles you will see the Willard Wildlife
Management Area on your left. (a good place to stop
for a break and a short hike if you'd like)
- Continue on Upper Lake Rd. for a mile and the
Buena Vista State Golf Course will be on your left. (Their
Clubhouse is also not a bad place to stop for a drink and
- Reverse directions to return to Lodi Point State Park
The view on the return trip is almost completely different
as you are now facing the southern end of the lake, however
you could follow the directions below to get to Rt 414 and
use that as the path to return to Lodi Point State Park. If
you choose this return path, please use caution as there is
a lot more traffic on Rt 414 moving at high speeds.
- Continue North (the way you were headed) past
the Golf Course for approximately 1/4 mile.
- When you reach the stop sign by the Willard Drug Treatment
Center turn right which will merge you on to Rt 96A headed
- Follow Rt 96A (an uphill climb) for 1 mile.
- When you reach the flashing red light in Ovid, turn right
onto Rt 414S and 96A.
- You will pass through the village of Ovid (stop anywhere
that catches your interest)
- Follow Rt 414 five miles to Lodi.
- There will be an ice cream/soda stand on your left (stop
if you'd like)
- 1 block past the Ice cream stand turn right onto Lodi Station Rd
- Follow it for roughly a mile and turn left on Lodi Point Rd. to return to Lodi Point State Park